Irene Yao and Romeo Adji were joined by friends, family, and the Côte d’Ivoire community to celebrate their marriage on June 22 at the Bethel Christian Center. The Reverend Mutima Peter presided over the wedding. The reception was held at the Intercultural Community Center, where the room was decorated in purple and white, and guests enjoyed a buffet and a beautiful wedding cake. Family members took turns speaking to the couple, sharing their loving feelings toward them, and their pride, and dispensing advice designed to help guide the couple through their years together. The reception was followed by an after wedding party at Gateway Community Services which featured Ivorian food, music, and dance, and lasted well into the night.
- Health care workers, many of whom are immigrants, clearly ‘essential’
- New coronavirus upends life for millions
- Governor Mills Issues Stay Healthy at Home Mandate
- Portland City Council extends State of Emergency and Stay at Home order until April 27
- Governor Mills Signs Executive Order to Fast Track Free Online Job Training at Maine’s Community Colleges