Prime Minister Trudeau has announced that Canada will turn away those trying to cross the border from the U.S., including at the Roxham Road crossing, which previously had allowed asylum seekers to cross over. “We will be returning irregular migrants who attempt to cross anywhere at the Canada-US border,” he said. The assumption is that those turned back will be handed over to US patrols.
- Health care workers, many of whom are immigrants, clearly ‘essential’
- New coronavirus upends life for millions
- Governor Mills Issues Stay Healthy at Home Mandate
- Portland City Council extends State of Emergency and Stay at Home order until April 27
- Governor Mills Signs Executive Order to Fast Track Free Online Job Training at Maine’s Community Colleges