The Minister of Health in the Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC) released the latest figures in the most recent ebola epidemic on April 4. According to these figures, 636 people have died since the outbreak began in August 2018; 100 of these deaths have occurred in the last three weeks. The outbreak has sickened at least 1051 people, and 339 of these have been successfully treated. The outbreak began in North Kivu, and spread to Ituri, but the epicenter is now 50km. south of Beni, in Butembo-Katwa. The epidemic has been difficult to contain because of the lack of security in eastern DRC.
- Dr. Abdullahi Ahmed is Maine’s first African-born school principal
- Congresswoman Pingree Urges President Trump Not to Visit Maine With Nation in Crisis
- Structural and individual racism in all its forms is a public health emergency
- Maine Immigrants’ Rights Coalition Statement on Black Lives Matter
- Systemic racism and murder of George Floyd by police provoke rallies and protests around Maine